We welcome comments

If you'd like to post a comment, please email the editor at this address.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Comments & Caveats

As the former publisher/editor of the Sonoma Valley Voice newsletter, 1997-2004, and Commentary Editor for the short-lived North Bay Progressive newspaper, ’02-’06, I’ve rarely been at a loss for words. I even took a turn at online publication with the Sonoma Valley Voice.com website for a few years, so I’ve been bloviating and opining almost to my heart’s content these last 10 years or so. In between these endeavors I’m an inveterate letter to the editor writer to our local papers. Obviously I’m not reticent about shooting my mouth off, and I’m most definitely a political news junkie and culture critic.

I certainly make no claim as to being right all the time, although I think I am most of the time, and am willing to debate my point of view, decidedly progressive/liberal, in print. Blogging is a new gig for me, but I’m up for taking a shot at it. Anyone wanting to comment on what I’m putting out there is welcome to do so, but I’ve decided to screen comments first before publishing them. As the editor of this blog I will use my discretion in publishing what I determine to be comments of substance.

The areas of interest and concern to me are politics, social justice and civil rights issues, and the protection and conservation of our environment. These issues have always been closest to my heart and will continue to be the main focus here.

Another focus of this blog will be local issues that I think are important and need to be looked at from a different point of view. I can’t make any pledges as to form or content except to say I’ll try to keep it interesting. I’m aware that my writing style and perspective are at times obnoxious to some and a turn off. So be it. All I can say to those who are offended is don’t read it. I am not writing this blog to be polite, accepted, or even to change anyone’s thinking. This is personal commentary, and the thoughts expressed here are what I would say, and how I would say it, if we were sitting across from one another.

A note of appreciation: this blog site was designed and implemented by my friends Tom Whitworth and Jeri Lynn Chandler. I think they did a fabulous (as Tom would say) job, and I’ll try to keep the content equal to the presentation.

So, in the spirit of rebellious free thought, my guiding principle, here goes…

WS

No comments: